There are several methods to learn how to get rid of dark circles but only a few can remove them faster. These methods which work on the dark circles way more effectively include :
- Applying cucumber over closed eyes which acts as a cooling agent and has skin lightening properties to soothe and refresh the affected skin. Cotton soaked in potato juice also works as potatoes are bleaching agent to lighten the skin. Also cotton soaked in rose water which has effective skin care properties can help. Even using green tea bags which are rich in antioxidants reduce dark circles faster.
- Wrapping ice cubes in a cotton cloth and applying it over closed eyes reduces tiredness, puffiness and gives cooling effect to the eyes. Massaging almond oil or a paste of almond and milk around eyes helps to lighten the skin.
- Eating healthy diet full of Vitamin D, E & C, quitting smoking habits, using under eye gel and creams, wearing dark sunglasses and sunscreen when out in the sun, drinking lots of water are other fast healing techniques.
- Choosing the right concealer for make up that is lighter by around two shades than the skin color on your face and that is moist enough not to settle in the fine lines around your eyes and then covering the concealer with translucent powder thereafter using a waterproof mascara ensures giving your eyes a more sparkling look.
- Applying retinol to your skin increases production of collagen, which strengthens the skin under the eyes, which can then reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Undergoing laser therapy or Intense Pulse Treatment using high energy light waves can get rid of the fat deposits under your eyes, break them up and smooth out the skin, thereby reducing the impact of dark circles in a faster way.