Why you here, Question on mind – How to treat my Dark Circles fast 😮 ??
They are the dread of every face. The dark shadows of beauty blemishes. They are Dark Circles and yes we so hate them!! What is it with these periorbital dark circles and always being an unwanted guest haunting our eyes and mind and appearance after all?! And did you know just a sound sleep isn’t alone enough to get rid of them!!! As if they alone weren’t enough!! Experts say the source of the appearance of dark circles fairly give an idea of how to get rid of them.
So let’s take a nice look into the darkness of dark circles and how to fight them off our way!!
Causes of Dark Circles:
Interestingly there are varied causes of dark circles with some being quiet unusual and some that you probably never thought to be while some that you always knew about!!
- Lack of proper sleep slows your circulation and pooling of blood under the eyes.
- During ageing and senescence the skin looses collagen and thins down causing them.
- Excessive crying for long hours are linked to causing under eye shadow- Well, looking at the brighter side, isn’t that another reason to smile??! J!
- Genetics and heredity- Dark circles have an established frequency in running down families- Rush for your family tree photographs!!
- Immense mental or physical stress or working too much in computer can ruin your under eyes
- Smoking habits also play a significant role! How?! Actually it makes your blood vessels more prominent and hence the darkening.
- Too much of sun exposure is not just going to tan to your body rather it also cascades a path of hyper pigmentation under the eyes- Yikes!
- Nasal Congestion!! Yes you read that right! It been proved that blocked nose dilates the veins and sinuses around the eyes resulting in darkening.
- Allergies cause release of histamine which dilates the vessels of blood and cause swelling. It also causes skin discoloration. Gluten intolerance and other food allergies may also be the culprit. It is advisable to visit your doctor to go to the root of it.
- Lack of a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet may share a large chunk of the blame. Deficiencies of vitamin K, vitamin B12 (anemia related) and other useful antioxidants or increased salt intake, etc may cause puffiness around your eyes and impair your circulation without your knowledge!
- Dry skin conditions, chronic skin conditions as eczema and certain medications which dilate blood vessels also cause dark circles.
- Sometimes your own facial features may throw some simple shadows that may look like a dark circle! Beat that!!
How to Get Rid of your Dark Circles:
Now that we fairly got some idea about the underlying conditions causing dark circles it’s time to fight them off!!
Treating dark circles typically has five approaches. So here’s a step by step outline to your rescue!
Buckle down on the cause!
After knowing your reason to dark circles you need to work at its root followed by acting on them.
Check out some lifestyle changes you may need to adopt:
So to get it off your eyes you need to:
- You need to get the right amount of nice plenty sleep and remove all of your makeup before slumber.
- Abstain from alcohol, drugs and quit smoking.
- Take time out of your schedule to relax yourself from all anxieties and stress.
- Adequate vitamin B6, good calcium/ magnesium levels, plenty of minerals.
- Get your allergies treated and avoid the allergen and consider taking over the counter anti histamine to combat the ill effects.
- Get your nasal congestion fixed by making a saline solution with two cups of water with one fourth of a teaspoon of sea salt and/ or baking soda half a teaspoon. Now this mixture is poured carefully with your head tilted so that it comes out of another nostril. It works wonders.
- Follow a healthy balanced diet rich with vitamin B12 and vitamin K. It is advised to have lots of vegetables, fruits and green leafy vegetables along with adequate fluids.
Natural and Homemade Remedies!!
- Cucumber- The age old beauty remedy for eyes has been cucumber. Slices of chilled cucumber on eyes extending to the darkened area coupled with lying down for about 10-15 minutes works well for panda eyes. You can also apply lemon and cucumber juice mixture with cotton
- Almond Oil- Almond oil is incredible source of skin care. Gentle massage of almond oil around eyes before sleep and leaving it overnight helps to lighten under eyes. It should not be forgotten to be washed off the morning after with cold water.
- Raw Potato-One or two chilled potatoes are grated or liquidized using a liquidizer. The extracted puree or potato juice is soaked well in a cotton ball and placed over closed eyes. There’s another trick to it too, the puree can be entirely poured over eyelids and darkened area. Either way after applying to eyes it is allowed to sit for 15 to 30 minutes. It is later washed off with warm water. Repeat once or twice everyday for some weeks.
- Cool tea bags or a wrapped ice cube in soft cloth- A tea bag is soaked in water and is then refrigerated overnight so that they will be ready by morning. The tannin rich cool teabags are then placed over eyes for about 10- 15 minutes. Eyes are kept closed all through the process. Chamomile tea bags may be preferred. Regular use will decrease swelling and discoloration and remove dark circles.
Here’s a video for you citing natural remedies to get rid of dark circles:
- Rose Water – Rose water is a good skin toner along with possessing mild astringent properties. It naturally soothes tired eyes and amazingly lightens skin making it one of the most trusted home beauty remedy. Cotton pads are soaked in rose water and are applied over eyes for about 15 minutes. You can also make a rose petals and milk paste to apply over dark circles.
- Tomatoes- They are an excellent natural bleaching agent and it finds its use in lightening the under eye skin color. One teaspoon of fresh tomato juice and a teaspoon of lemon juice are mixed. The preparation is then gently applied on the dark circles and is then allowed to remain for 10 minutes. Then, it is washed off with water. Twice a day for two weeks and you can visibly remark the changes! One can also drink a glassful of tomato juice, mint leaves, lemon juice and salt, twice daily to get wonderful results
- Mint leaves- When made a paste out of them along with tomato juice and applied under eyes, they well remove dark skin patches.
- Cold Milk- Cold milk soaked cotton ball dabbed over affected region regularly readily soothes and lightens the dark circles.
- Orange Juice- There is another helpful remedy to get rid of raccoon eyes. Some of orange juice and few drops of glycerin are made into mixture and applied over dark circles to fade them. It also gives a naturally glowing skin
- Vitamin E oil- Quick trick!! In order to get rid of dark circles rapidly, Vitamin E capsule can be squeezed under the eyes!!
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice is a fantastic source of vitamin C which is in turn has beneficial skin lightening properties. Fresh lemon juice is dabbed around eyes and left for about 10 minutes and then rinsed. It does its best when applied once for few weeks. Another method to use it is preparing a paste out of a pinch of gram flour, two table spoons of tomato puree, turmeric powder and one table spoon of lemon juice. This paste is then applied around eyes and rinsed off after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Coconut Oil- Another useful item is massage of extra virgin coconut oil under the eye to get smooth, moisturized, wrinkle free and lightened eyes.
- Turmeric- Turmeric has been since the beginning of time in practice for its excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These extra ordinary properties allow turmeric to minimize the dark circles. It makes the skin smoother, softer and supple. Two teaspoons of turmeric powder and pineapple juice each are mixed well to make a thick pasty mixture. This is applied over affected area and is left for 10 minutes after being wiped with a dampened cloth.
- Cold Compress- Cold compress is the method of constricting blood vessels with the application of cold objects. It works as a charm on dark circles and puffy eyes. You can use a refrigerated spoon, frozen pea bags or a chilled teabag and place them over eyes.
- Others- Slices of avocados, corn flour and yoghurt paste, castor oil and milk cream also have been proved to work promptly. All you need to do is just find the right fit which works for your dark circles and yes they work!!
Homeopathy right away!!
Homeopathy medications also have various neat alternatives worth trying out! But it would be advisable to use what is right for you only after consulting a homeopathy doctor.
- Cyclamen is one of the most effective homeopathy medications to remove dark circles or black spots.
- Cina is another drug useful in curing dark circles, dilated pupils as well as strained eyes.
- Chinin S on the other hand treats skin infections which causes the feared dark circles.
Cosmetic Solutions to the rescue
Ladies!!! There is absolutely no need to worry if you have a party tonight and some dark circles to sport. Obscuring dark circles is a piece of cake actually!
Here’s another video with cosmetic solutions tips to treat dark circles:
- For immediate blotting out- Use a makeup concealer!! Now choosing the perfect shade matching your undertone is the part which hides it to perfection. For instance for bluish circles yellow and peach shade eclipses incredibly. Additionally top it up with loose translucent powder to avoid creasing of the make up!
- For long term effects- Regular application of under eye skin creams incorporated with vitamin K and retinol have the finest potency to reduce puffiness and discoloration. Several Arnica-based creams (they can be found at health-food stores), are considered to posses anti-inflammatory properties, and reduce the visibility of darkness. And eye creams containing coffee or grape seed oil reportedly help strengthen capillary walls and hence lower dilation and pooling of blood.
Prevention is better than cure!!
Okay so you are doing well with your dark circles. They have disappeared and are so easily kicked out. What now?!! Well off course it’s to prevent them for coming back. Ever!!
Tips to Get rid of dark circles fast:
And for that all we need is to follow some tips and preventive measures.
- Try not to rub your eyes too much or too frequently as it causes dilation of blood vessels making the dark circles darker.
- One should drink adequate water and fluids all round the clock.
- Always remember to remove all your eye makeup before sleeping as it irritates eyes and eventually makes eyes look much more tired on daily basis.
- Keep a check on your excessive sun exposure.
- In order to avoid eye bags the head level must be elevated during sleep by adding a pillow or two more when you sleep!
- According to dieticians and nutrition lists it’s also useful to consume Flavonol-rich dark chocolate (roughly an ounce a day) and foods enriched with omega-3 fatty acids (walnuts, salmon) may improve the circulation and blood flow to the skin.
So after all the tips and reports you are now ready to make your closure on this deal.
And it should be remembered that a mere sign of dark circle is not any medical syndrome and does not necessarily mean you need to rush to your doctor. Start with the simple preventive tips and then go into the root of it. We have all at some time witnessed horrifying under eye dullness but now there won’t be any more of freaking out to it!! Hopefully this article has been of help to you!
After all, Plato did rightly say –
“Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder”.
If you go literally, you now have beautiful eyes and Keats style make your beautiful eyes be a source of “joy forever”!!
- You go Girl! 😉